GOVERNMENT OF TAMILNADU
Public Services - Tamilnadu Gramasevak Service – Special rules Appointment to the post of Executive Officers – Amendment – Issued.
RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND LOCAL ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT.
G.O.Ms.No. 928 Dated: 23.6.82
In the Government Order second read above, orders were issued constituting a separate Directorate of Town Panchayats to be exclusively in charge of the administration of Town Panchayats and Panchayat Townships with effect from the date of issue of the said orders. The Executive Officers of the Town Panchayats and Panchayat Townships and all the other staff working in the Town Panchayats will come under the administrative control of the Director of Town Panchayats. In the said order the Special Officer (Director of Town Panchayats) has been requested to send necessary amendments to various rules and ad hoc rules wherever necessary. The Director of Town Panchayats has since sent the draft rules to the post of Executive Officers making the staff of Town Panchayats eligible for appointment to the posts of Executive Officers.
2. Consequent on the formation of separate Directorate for Town Panchayat Administration, representations have been received by the Government requesting to amend the existing rules deleting the provision of appointing Extension Officer (Panchayats), Head Clerk and Clerks in Panchayat Union as Executive Officer Selection Grade Town Panchayats, Executive Officer, Grade I and Executive Officer, Grade II respectively and fill up those posts only from among the Town Panchayat Department staff, pending issue of separate rules.
3. The Government have examined the representations and have decided to amend the relevant provisions of the Special rules for the Tamil Nadu Gramasevak Service Rules for the posts of Executive Officers.
The appended notification will be published in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
In exercise of the powers conferred by the provision to Article 309 of the constitution of India, the Governor of Tamilnadu hereby makes the following amendments to the Special Rules for the Tamilnadu Gramasevaks Service (Section 14A in Volume III) of the Tamil Nadu Services Manual, 1970.
The amendment hereby made shall be deemed to have come into force on the 7.5.81.
1) In the said Special Rules, in rule 2 under Table, in Column (2) against category 1 of Class I, the existing entries shall be deleted and the following shall be substituted:-
"by promotion from category 3 of Class I".
2) In rule 2 under Table, in column (2) against category 5 of Class I, the existing entries "Head Clerks, in Panchayat Union Offices", in item (1) shall be and the words "Head Clerks of Town Panchayats and Panchayat Townships" shall be substituted.
3) In rule 2 under Table, in column (2) against category 1 of Class II, the existing entries "Panchayat Union Offices" in item (1) shall be deleted.
4) In rule 2 under Table in Column (2), against category 1 of Class II, the existing entries "Panchayat Unions and" in item (iii) shall be deleted.
5) In rule 5 under Table, the existing entries in column(1)(2) and (3) against category 3 of Class I shall be deleted.
6) In rule 5 under Table in Column(2) and (3) against category of 1 of Class II, the words "Panchayat Union Office" and Panchayat Union "respectively shall be deleted.
7) In rule 6, in sub-rule (3), the words "Panchayat Unions and" shall be deleted.