TEACHERS RECRUITMENT BOARD, Chennai-6
Direct Recruitment to the Post of Postgraduate Assistants in Government Higher Secondary schools in Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Educational Service
This advertisement consists of Annexure-A - Application Form, Annexure-B - Admission Card, Annexure-C - Attendance Slip and Annexure D - Syllabi for examination.
A4 size Typed copy/Xerox copy thereof in Annexure A, B and C should be used while applying.
Government of Tamil Nadu have decided to recruit P.G. Assistants in the above services through an open Written Competitive Exam. and on Oral Test basis, based on merit, communal rotation and applicable reservations and priorities as per rules in force. The Directorate of School Education, Directorate of Govt. Examinations, and the District Chief Educational Officers are associated in this recruitment examination.
Only those candidates who are registered in any Employment Exchange in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply for these posts.
Completed applications in duplicate as prescribed in Annexure A are invited from eligible candidates for the Recruitment Exam to the above category of posts along with the enclosures of the copies of all certificates and along with the completed Annexure B and C forms.
Note: SC – Scheduled Caste; ST – Scheduled Tribe; MBC – Most Backward Class; DNC – Denotified Communities; BC – Backward Class; G – General; W -- Women; GT – General Turn (Open Competition); PH – Physically Handicapped: B – Blind; O – Ortho
The number of vacancies indicated is approximate.
The communal rotation is as indicated.
All community candidates
3. Reservation :- Women as per rules. Physically handicapped 1% of vacancies. Fully Blind 2% of vacancies. Women can be posted in mens vacancies also.
4. Priorities as per rules is available for
(1) Destitute Widow, (2) Inter Caste Married, (3) Dependents of Serving Personnel (4) Ex-Servicemen, (5) Dependent of Ex-Servicemen, (6) Burma / Ceylon Repatriates, (7) Legal heir of Land acquisition, (8) Discharged Government Employee, (9) Physically Handicapped (Ortho), (10) Physically Handicapped (Blind), (11) legal heir of freedom fighters/Tamil scholars
5. Blind candidates are eligible for Arts and Language subjects only. They will be allowed the assistance of scribes who are not Graduates or Post Graduates in the respective subjects in which Blind candidates are applying for. They should make specific request to the Chief Educational Officers to allow this assistance.
6. The Government have removed the maximum age limit prescribed in Special Rules of the above Service. The age of superannuation is 58 years in the Tamil Nadu Government Service. Candidates should not be over 57 years as on 1-7-2001.
7. Physically handicapped candidates should produce certificate in prescribed format obtained from medical officer not below the rank of a Government authorised Civil Surgeon at least for 50% disability. Blind candidates should enclose due certificate of blindness. Candidates claiming priority should enclose Xerox copies of the nature of priority along with application.
8. Community Certificate:
Permanent community card certificates obtained from the under-mentioned respective authorities will alone be considered. Copies should be enclosed with the application.
a. ST - Revenue Divisional Officer with effect from 11.11.1989
b. SC - Tahsildar of the native Taluk of the candidate
c. MBC/DNC/OBC - Headquarters Deputy Tahsildar OR Special Deputy Tahsildar
Note: Candidates of all communities who are native of other States will be treated under OC/GT.
Postgraduate degree (M.A/M.Sc/M.Com) in relevant subject with B.Ed. Candidates must have studied the same subject in Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in respect of which recruitment is sought, both for academic subjects and languages. In respect of the post of Physical Director, Grade-I, any degree with M.P.Ed.
Clarification: The Postgraduate degree holders in the Special Branch of a subject shall be eligible to be appointed in the Higher Secondary Schools to teach the relevant subject in the General Branch (GO Ms.No.1622, Edn (HS2) Dept, dt.21.10.1988)
10. The Scale of Pay - Rs.6,500-200-10,500 plus Allowances
11. The Date and Venue of Written Examination
Written Recruitment Examination for P.G. Assistants will be held in the
forenoon of 6.10.2001 from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM.
The syllabi for the written examination have been
published in Annexure D of this Advertisement.
Entire syllabus will be covered in the objective type examination,
13. Scheme of Examination
The written Examination will consist of single paper of 3 hours‘ duration with maximum of 100 marks. The question paper will be Objective type with multiple-choice questions in main subjects for 75%, in education (Methodology) for 20% and in General Knowledge for 5%. The question paper will be in English only except for languages. Candidates are required to answer the questions in the special answer papers, indicating the correct choice of answers. The instructions for filling up the Special Answer Sheets will be issued along with the Admission Card.
14. Examination Fee
The Application form (in Annexure A) should be filled in English along with required Xerox copies of certificates and examination fee and three photographs (one each on the application form, Admission card, Attendance slip all attested by the same Gazetted officer) should be sent to the Chief Educational Officer as indicated in para 15 below. The examination fee for SC/ST candidates is Rs.150/- and for all other communities Rs.300/-, which should be paid by means of a single Crossed Demand Draft, obtained on or after 12.9.2001 and up to 25.9.2001 drawn in favour of the “Teachers Recruitment Board, Chennai”. Payment of fee by any other mode will not be accepted. The candidates should write his/her name, address, subject and post for which applied in English/Tamil, on the reverse of the DD. The envelope of Size 34 c.m. x 25 c.m. should be superscribed as “2001 Direct Recruitment of Postgraduate Assistant in TNHSES”.
15. List of Chief Educational Office and submission of application Form.
(1) Chennai, (2) Kancheepuram, (3) Tiruvellore, (4) Vellore, (5) Tiruvannamalai, (6) Villupuram, (7) Cuddalore, (8) Perambalur, (9) Tiruchirapalli, (10) Thanjavur, (11) Pudukottai, (12) Thiruvarur, (13) Nagapattinam, (14) Namakkal, (15) Karur, (16) Salem, (17) Dharmapuri, (18) Erode, (19) The Nilgiris, (20) Coimbatore, (21) Dindigul, (22) Theni, (23) Sivagangai, (24) Ramanatha-puram, (25) Madurai, (26) Virudhunagar, (27) Tuticorin, (28) Nagercoil and (29) Tirunelveli (Full address list of all Chief Educational Officers is listed below) *
16. Last date for receipt of applications
The duly filled in applications in duplicate along with the necessary enclosures and DD as explained above should be sent directly to the respective Chief Educational Officer referred above where the candidate desires to appear for Written Examination, so as to reach the C.E.O. on or before 25.9.2001. (See paragraph 15) Candidates will be allotted examination centres by the C.E.O. No change of examination centre or city will be entertained. The decision of the C.E.O. will be final. He will send the Admission Card after scrutiny to the candidates before Written Examination.
Candidates in order of merit in the above written recruitment Examination and on communal rotation and other reservations will be called for interview in the ratio 1:5. Total marks for interview will be 12 only. Weightage for the period of registration in the Employment Exchange and extra curricular activities are provided for. The teaching ability, personality and expression to express ideas in the subject will be tested in the interview.
Final selection will be made based on the aggregate of marks both in the written recruitment examination and interview subject to rules of reservation in force.
19. No TA/DA will be paid. Candidates will have to bear their own expenses to attend the written Examination at district centres and the interview at Chennai, if called for.
20. All the Originals Certificates should be produced at the time of Interview at Teachers Recruitment Board, Chennai. The finality of the candidature will be subject to the decision of Teachers Recruitment Board.
21. Knowledge of Tamil of 10th Standard is essential for selection.
Mobile/Cellular Phones, pagers, notes, books, etc. will be allowed inside the