Government of Tamil Nadu
State Transport Authority
Re-Registration of Vehicle (or) Transfer of Ownership from Other State
1. Who can apply for re-registration of vehicle?
2. What are the documents to be given?
3. What is the amount of Fees payable?
1. Non Transport Vehicle Rs.200/-
2. Commercial Vehicle Rs.300/-
(iv) M.G.V. Rs.400/-
(v) M.P.M.V. Rs.400/-
(vi) H.G.V. Rs.600/-
(vii) H.P.M.V. Rs.600/-
(viii) Imported M.V. Rs.800/-
(ix) Imported Motor Cycle Rs.200/-
(x) Any other vehicle not mentioned above Rs.300/-
(1) Compounding Fee for belated application
(a) Up to 30 days Rs.40/-
(b) Up to 60 days Rs.75/-
(c) Above 60 days Rs.100/- + Service charges
(xi) 2 and 3 wheelers Rs.100/-
(xii) Above 3 wheelers Rs.200/-
4. To whom should one apply?
Regional Transport Officer (or) Motor Vehicle Inspector, Grade-I / II.
5. Vehicle should be produced for inspection
6. Time limit for service to be rendered?