Government of Tamil Nadu
State Transport Authority
1. Who can apply for Learner’s Licence?
- Any person who has completed 16 years of age may get a license for driving a Motor Cycle without Gear - Not exceeding 50 cc.
- Any person who has completed 18 years of age may get a license for driving a Motor Cycle with Gear and Light Motor Vehicle.
- Any person who has completed 20 years of age may get a license for driving a Transport Vehicle, if he/she has One year’s
experience in driving a Light Motor vehicle and has obtained a badge.
- A written test will be conducted through computers for the persons who are appearing for Learner’s License.
- Applicants who have passed the preliminary test can collect their learner’s license on the same day.
- What are the documents to be submitted?
(i) Application - Form-2
(ii) Medical Certificate - Form-1A
(iii) Application cum Declaration as to the Physical Fitness - Form-1
(iv) PROOF OF ADDRESS (any one of the following to be produced)
- Ration Card
- Electoral Roll
- LIC Policy
- Affidavit Sworn by the applicant before an Executive (or) a First Class Judicial Magistrate (or) Notary Public.
(v) PROOF OF AGE (any one of the following to be produced)
- Birth Certificate
- School Certificate
- LIC Policy
- Affidavit given by the Magistrate (or) Notary Public
- Certificate given by Civil Surgeon
(vi) PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOs-3
(vii) Medical Certificate in the case of Transport Vehicle
3. What is the amount of Fees payable?
Rs.30/- for each class + Rs.30/- Service charges
4. To whom should one apply?
Regional Transport Officer or Motor Vehicle Inspector Grade-I/II
5. Time limit for issue of Learner’s License?