Tsunami - Relief and Rehabilitation - Tsunami Emergency Assistance Projects (TEAP) - Execution of schemes with the Asian Development Bank Assistance - Rehabilitation of Tsunami affected areas in Special Village Panchayats - Proposals for Water Supply and Sanitation- approved by the Empowered Committee - Rs.8.945 Crores sanctioned- Orders - issued.
Revenue (NC.IV) Department
G.O. (Ms) No.782 Dated: 30-12-2005.
1) G.O.Ms.No. 379, Revenue Department, dated 27.6.2005
2) G.O.Ms.No.418, Revenue Department, dated 20.7.2005
3) Agenda for the Empowered Committee meeting Dated 18.10.2005
4) O.S.D (R&R) D.O.Lr No. TRR3/70651/2005 dated 26.10.2005.
In the G.O. first read above, orders have been issued according administrative sanction for the implementation of the Tsunami Emergency Assistance Project (TEAP) with Asian Development Bank Assistance at a cost of Rs. 629.63 Crores for restoration of livelihood of the Tsunami affected poor, rehabilitation of Tsunami damaged Roads and bridges, Ports and Harbours, restoration of water supply and sanitation, rehabilitation of /upgrading of municipal and rural infrastructures and capacity buildings and implementation assistance.
2) In the G.O second read above, the Government have constituted an Empowered Committee to clear the projects to be implemented with the Asian Development Bank Assistance sanctioned in the G.O first read above.
3) The Director of Special Village Panchayats submitted proposals for providing Water Supply and Sanitation in Tsunami affected Special Village Panchayats areas for Rs.894.50 lakhs to be implemented with Asian Development Bank assistance to Project Director (ETRP & TEAP). The Project Director (ETRP and TEAP) placed the same before Empowered Committee. The Empowered Committee in its meeting held on 18.10.2005 approved the proposal submitted by the Director of Special Village Panchayats.
4) The Government after careful consideration, accept the decision of the Empowered Committee and accord administrative sanction for a sum of Rs.8,94,50,000/- (Rupees Eight Crores Ninety Four lakhs and Fifty Thousand only) to the Director of Special Village Panchayats, Chennai -108 for provision of Water Supply and Sanitation to be implemented with Asian Development Bank assistance in the Tsunami affected coastal Special Village Panchayats areas as detailed in the Annexure to this order.
5) The expenditure sanctioned in para 4 above shall be debited under the following Head of account:
I. WATER SUPPLY - MOTOR VEHICLE PURCHASE
2215-WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION - 01-Water Supply - 102 - Rural Water Supply programmes - II STATE PLAN - RA - Asian Development Bank assisted scheme under Tsunami Emergency Assistance Project (TEAP) - Special Village Panchayats - 21-01 - Motor vehicle purchase
(DPC 2515 01 102 RA 21 18)
Rs.1,00,00,000(Rupees One crore only)
II. WATER SUPPLY - MAJOR WORKS
4215 - CAPITAL OUTLAY ON WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION - 01 - Water supply -102 - Rural Water Supply II STATE PLAN - RA - Works under Tsunami Emergency Assistance Project (TEAP) with assistance from Asian Development Bank - Special Village Panchayats 16 - 00 - Major works
(DPC 4215 01 102 RA 16 06)
Rs.2,00,00,000(Rupees One crore only)
6) A sum of Rs.1.00 Crore(Rupees one crores only) has been included in the First Supplementary Estimates for 2005-06 under the head of account "2515-01-102-RA-21.01 Motor Vehicle Purchase" and a sum of Rs.2.00 Crores(Rupees two crores only) under the head of account "4215-01-102-RA-16.00. Major works" to meet the expenditure initially. Additional requirement if any needed will be made in RE/FMA 2005-06. The Director of Special Village Panchayat is directed to send necessary proposals to the Government for the sanction of additional funds as and when required duty furnishing the utilization certificate. The Director of Special Village Panchayat is also requested to include this expenditure while sending proposals for RE/FMA 2005-06 without fail.
7) The Director of Special Village Panchayats is authorized to draw and disburse the amount sanctioned in Para 4 above to Tsunami affected coastal Special Village Panchayats as per the existing procedure and send the Statement of Expenditure, Utilization Certificate and the Progress Reports as laid down by the Asian Development Bank. She is also authorized to execute the works incur expenditure and complete the works within the time limit prescribed by ADB. The works shall be executed following the procurement and other procedures laid down by the funding agency, viz, ADB and existing tender transparency procedures laid down by the State Government. The Director of Special Village Panchayats is requested to ensure that the zonal Assistant Director, Special Village Panchayats obtain all statutory and environmental and Social Assessment Safeguards laid down by the funding agency. He is also request to closely monitor and take follow up action with regard to the quality and timely completion of works as per the standards. The Special Village Panchayats concerned will execute the projects under the directions of Director of Special Village Panchayats. The Director of Special Village Panchayats is also requested to send the Utilization Certificate to Accountant General and the Government in Rural Development and Revenue Departments for record.
8) The Director of Special Village Panchayats is also permitted to reallocate the amount sanctioned to the needy works/ areas without exceeding the total amount sanctioned. The Director of Special Village Panchayats should take into account the broad indications outlined in the minutes of the Empowered Committee meeting held on 18.10.2005 while approving the Project Communicated in the letter fourth read above.
9) This order issued with the concurrence of Finance Department vide its U.O.No.291/DS(AV)/05 Dated : 29.12.2005.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
P.RAMA MOHANA RAO
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Special Commissioner and Commissioner of Revenue Administration, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005.
The O.S.D and Project Director ( ETRP and TEAP) Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005.
The Director of Special Village Panchayats, Kuralagam, Chennai - 600 108.
The Secretary, Department of Economic Affiairs (ADB), Ministry of Finance, Government of India, New Delhi.
The Country Director, Indian Resident Mission, Asian Development Bank, No. 4, San Martin Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110 021
The Project Manager (TA), Asian Development Bank, 5th floor, Apex Tower, R.A.Puram, Chennai - 600 028
The Secretary to Government, Rural Development Department, Chennai - 600 009
The Director of Rural Development Department, Chennai - 600 015
The Project Implementation Officer, PIU, Panagal Building, Chennai - 600 015
The District Collector of Kancheepuram, Cuddalore, Villupuram, Nagapattinam and Kanyakumari
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Chennai -600 015
The Pay and Accounts Officer (North) Chennai -600 001
The Accountant General, Chennai - 600 018 / 600 035.
The Zonal Assistant Director of Special Village Panchayts Kancheepuram, Cuddalore, Tanjavore and Nagercoil
The Executive Officer of Special Village Panchayats Concerned.
Copy to :
The Finance (Revenue) Department, Chennai - 600 009
The Senior PA to Minister for Information & Publicity and Local Administration, chennai - 600 009
CM's Secretariat, Chennai-600 009.
stock file / spare copy