GOVENNMENT OF TAMILNADU
Self Sufficiency Scheme - Town Panchayats - 1982-83 - First Phase -146 - Procedure - Instruction - Issued.
Rural Development and Local Administration Department
G.O.Ms.No. 1341 Dated: 31.8.1982
Thiruvallur Aandu 2013, Thunamathi Avani 15
1.G.O.Ms. No.994, R.D & L.A., dated 5.7.1982
2. G.O. Ms.No. 1255 R.D. & L.A., dated 17.8.1982
The Self Sufficiency Scheme intended to create infrastructural facilities on a time bound basis to hasten the economic activity, is being implemented in the Panchayat Union areas in this State. The Government have decided that this Self Sufficiency Scheme be extended to the Town Panchayat area also. The 620 Town Panchayats in the State will be covered by the above the Government have selected 146 Town Panchayats for the implementation of Self Sufficiency Scheme in the first batch in 1982-83 and the remaining Town Panchayats will be covered under the scheme in 1983-84 and 1984-85.
2. Under the Self Sufficiency Scheme for Town Panchayats the following essential basic amenities will be implemented.
3. The Self Sufficiency Scheme will be implemented in the Town Panchayat areas under the immediate supervision of the Executive Officers of the Town Panchayats under the technical guidance and supervision of the Union Engineers was hitherto attending to the works of Town Panchayats also. There works will be supervised and guided by the District Town Panchayat Officer who are designated as Regional Directors under the control of the Collectors. Thus the responsibility of implementing the Self Sufficiency Scheme is entrusted to the Collector of the District who will monitor the scheme and watch the progress and reportit to the Government and the Director of Town Panchayats.
4. A sum of Rs. 5.00 Crores has been provided in the Budget for 1982-83 for implementing the Self Sufficiency Scheme. Sanction is accorded for sanction of Rs. 3,42,000/- (Rupees Three lakhs and forty two thousands only) to implement the Self Sufficiency Scheme to each of the first batch of 146 Town Panchayats. The funds allocated above should not be diverted for any other programmes. The Governmentr direct that the Town Panchayats shoul also pay contribution as indicated below while executing the works taken up under the Self Sufficiency Scheme .
5. Sanction is also accorded for the employment of the following staff from the date of employment or till 31.3.83 untill the need cases as whichever is earlier for implementing the scheme.
6. The incumbents of the above posts will be eligible for the usual allowance.
7. The expenditure on the pay and allowance for the above posts will be debited to the Head of Account "314 - P.d. -A- General -AA. Direction and Administration I non Plan - AJ. Regional Directorate of Town Panchayats - 314 A J 0063".
8. Orders regarding the fixation of physical and financial targets and the head of account to which a sum of Rs. 5 crores sanctioned will be debited to will be issued separately.
9.This order issued with the concurrence of the Finance
Department vide its U.O.No. 2783/fa/P/82, dated 28.8.82
/By order of the Governor/
Commissioner and Secretary to Government.
LIST OF STAFF TO BE TRANSFERRED FROM THE DIRECTORATE OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT TO THE NEW DIRECTORATE OF TOWN PANCHAYATS.
Superintendents : 2
Upper Division Accountants : 4
Assistants : 4
Junior Assistants : 2
Steno-Typist : 1 (with typewriter)
Basic Servants : 2
Jeep Driver : 1
ANNEXURE – II
LIST OF ADDITIONAL POSTS SANCTIONED FOR THE NEW DIRECTORATE OF TOWN PANCHAYATS.
(with usual allowances admissible from time to time)
ANNEXURE – III
LIST OF ADDITIONAL POSTS SANCTIONED FOR THE SEVEN OFFICES OF REGIONAL DIRECTORS OF TOWN PANCHAYATS
(with the usual allowance admissible from time to time)
*The Director of Stationery and Printing may be addressed for the supply of typewriters for the additional posts of Typists and Steno-typists sanctioned.
Commissioner and Secretary to Government.
(See Government letter 37559/E2/83-2 RDLA Dated 18.5.83)
" Nothing contained in these rules shall adversely affect the persons holding any of the posts referred to in these rules on the date of issue of these rules".
" Where a member of any service , class, category or grade is reduced to a lower service, class, category or grade he shall be placed at the top of the latter unless the authority ordering such reduction directs that he shall take rank in such lower service, class, category or grade, next below any specified member thereof".